"SAIL CAT"
VENTURE 15 MODIFICATIONS

As I find time, I will annotate several modifications that I have made on SailCat, our Venture 15, .  I'll start with the latest mod while it's still fresh in my mind. 

Modification 1
After sailing our cat for some time, I noticed that I am always adjusting the rope halyard as a result of stretch in its length.  Also, the halyard sheaf (pulley) is mounted on one side of the mast and several inches below the top, which causes binding when raising the main to the very top of its travel.  After checking out how Hobie does their halyard arrangement, I came up with the following.  One extra benefit of this arrangement is the gain of several inches of sail and boom height.  Here is the begining of the project and I will add to it as we make progress.

 

Copyright 1998-2015 by Mineralogical Research Co.
All rights reserved.